Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just me venting

I realize I am young, only 22.
I am so so thankful to have graduated early. I have a great job that is such a good fit for me. I am in an amazing building, brand spanking new, with wonderful people. Finding good friends and great coworkers.
I know I have peers who are not as mature as me.
Peers older than me just graduating. Peers who will walk across the stage next May with their undergraduate degree in hand while I accept my Masters in Ed. Peers who have no idea what they are going to do with their life. Living off the government. Having babies. Getting engaged. Handing back the ring. Getting married. Getting divorced.
I realize my mind is growing up to fast for itself. It has some catching up to do! Hurry up brain, I don't have time to wait.
Things amaze me sometime.
I have nine students, most whom can't tell me if their right toe or head hurts. Many who don't always know my name. Students who I am responsible for not only in the matter of 9 months of education, but their living, breathing, and personal care. I am a nurse, emergency response, teacher, mother, strict rule setter, hugger, OT, speech therapist, PT, social worker, PE teacher, Art teacher, music teacher, 3 ring circus leader, therapist, parent resource data base, moderator, boss in charge of two adults older than me, and through all of that, a 22 year old first year teacher.
I lead a group at Gigi's Playhouse and volunteer for several other things, lead a group at Siouxland Autism Support Group, wavier staff, team caption, graduate student, daughter, best friend, sister, granddaughter, and attempt to keep myself sane.

So, I apologize if sometimes I seem stressed. I am sorry if there are times where I am straight forward. I hate it when I don't have time to wait around. I feel bad when I have to push to get what I want, what I need for ME. I apologize ahead of time for all the times I will call you crying; for the times I will call, text, and beg for attention. Attention from someone who is not 8 years old, but also not 50. Attention from someone who speaks English; someone who speaks at all. Attention from someone who can not only use the restroom independently, but also can make decisions without having to explain them in great detail.

only 23 more days of school

No comments: