Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why are you stressed again?

10/8/2008

So I have had a few people not understand why I am stressed and overwhelmed. Being a first year teacher can't be that stressful, can it? Lets just say the state of Iowa and I need to have a talk. I am a beginning educator, aka a first year teacher. This means I have a few extra meetings to attend each month and projects to do for it. Yes, it is helpful but at the same time I get to spend the next two years doing this for a whole five graduate credits. Which leads me to my other 37 graduate credits. I am not certified to teach what I am teaching. I have a strategist level one degree and I am teaching in a level two classroom. The state of Iowa says I have two years to get my certificate of endorsement, possibly three if I beg :-). So I have the chance to reach one of my goals right off the bat, getting my masters. Some say, but you don't need to get your masters. A certificate is only a few credits short, so why not keep going. Oh, and I am moving this month from a not so great place to a nicer one.

No comments: